LAKE OCONEE — In December 2012, the Tri-County EMC Foundation Board approved 14 applications, totaling $21,788 in Operation Roundup funds, to benefit organizations or individuals in local communities. The organizations that received funds this quarter are:
- Baldwin County Family Connection- $1500 to purchase weekend food packages for 80 students in need in Baldwin County .
- The Changing Stations Ministry- $4,850 to purchase needed materials for 4 displaced families/individuals home repair in Jones County.
- Cub Scout Pack 34- $1,500 to purchase a pinewood derby track for a cub scout pack in Putnam County.
- Fostering Jones County Kids- $1,200 to purchase Christmas gifts and other necessary items for 15 children in Jones County.
- Georgia Lion’s Lighthouse Foundation- $2,500 to fund activities, eye clinics and hearing services in the Tri-County Service Area.
- Girl Scout Troop 60637- $500 to be used for enhancements at the Jones County Scout Center.
- Habitat for Humanity Putnam County- $2500 to purchase supplies for a Habitat home in Putnam County.
- Jasper County Mentor Program- $975 to purchase books and puppet show supplies for a youth holiday event in Jasper County.
- Jones County 4-H SAFE Shotgun Team- $400 to offset costs of qualification and state competition registration fees for team members in Jones County.
- Mustard Seed Ministry- $355 to purchase materials to construct a wheelchair ramp for an individual who can no longer walk due to back and leg problems in Baldwin County.
- Mustard Seed Ministry- $320 to purchase materials to construct a wheelchair ramp for an individual who suffered multiple strokes in Baldwin County.
- Mustard Seed Ministry- $288 to purchase materials to construct a wheelchair ramp for an individual who suffered a stroke in Baldwin County.
- Putnam Community Resources- $2,500 to purchase food for a food bank in Putnam County.
- Muscular Dystrophy Association- $2,400 to fund 3 scholarships for children with MDA in the Tri-County Service Area to attend MDA camp.
Operation Roundup is funded by the voluntary contributions of Tri-County EMC Members to the Tri-County EMC Foundation. Participants in the program have their monthly bill rounded up to the next dollar and the difference is donated to Operation Roundup. Any individuals wishing to make a tax-deductible donation to the foundation may contact Kim Bonner at (478) 986-8126 or mail a check payable to: Tri-County EMC Foundation, Inc., P.O. Box 487, Gray, GA, 31032. To learn more, visit www.tri-countyemc.com